Thursday, December 1, 2011

Interview: Darius Graham 2012 Commit to UC Davis

Darius Graham is a senior at Sacramento Charter High School,. He has recently signed his LOI to UC Davis. He is not just talented on the court, he is an intelligent student. He maintains As and Bs, and he has ambition to be great in both the court and classroom. His hard work hard and dedication gave him this opportunity to get a full-ride scholarship to UC Davis. The 2012 PG is one of the best in Northern California and looks to continue he success in the future.

KS: How long have you been playing basketball here at Sac High?
DG: I have been apart of this program since the 8th grade. I played JV my freshman year and varsity my next three years.
KS: Do you enjoy playing at Sac High?
DG: I love playing for Sac High. One of the best decisions I have made.
KS: How does it feel to put on a Sac High uniform?
DG: It is a honor to put on a Sac High uniform. When I put it on, I represent players from the past also.
KS: Exactly how tall are you?
DG: 5'10 on a good day *Laughs*
KS: What are some of your go to moves?
DG: I love to use my hesitation and also I like the crossover.
KS: Are you excited to play at UC Davis next year?
DG: Yeah man! I'm just blessed to get that opportunity.
KS: Do you believe, as a basketball player, that Sac High is a good place for basketball opportunities?
DG: I believe that, if you work hard and listen to the coaches, the sky is the limit for basketball players at Sac High.
KS: What are your motives as basketball player?
DG: My main motives are to provide an education to myself for free. Also if I work hard, hopefully get paid to play basketball.
KS: Do yo play outside of school as well?
DG: I do I have been playing AAU during the summer. Last summer I played for Team Superstar from Fresno, CA.
KS: Honestly, which would you rather play for sac or your aau team?
DG:There are bitter sweet moments for both aau and sac high ball . If i has to choose, I would choose high school ball because high school coaches are with you longer and have a better relationship with the person as a person. Although I say tis, you earn scholarships in aau because thats when reviewing period is. 
KS: How does it feel to get that scholarship?
DG: getting a scholarship is the single most greatest thing that ever happened to me. It was not given to me, I had to work extremely hard for it. 
KS: How much effort did it take?
DG: A lot of sacrifices were made. A lot of my social life had to be set aside. Lots of hours in the gym. Early mornings working out before school. It takes a lot of dedication.
KS: When did you first realize you had your talent for basketball?
DG: I knew i was pretty good when i use to play basketball up at salvation army rec league in the 3rd grade. 
KS: Who inspires you to play?
DG: My inspiration is my grandfather freshman year first and foremost. Along with the rest of my family who encourages me and the student body, pushing me to succeed. Also people who didn't think i could succeed and still don't. They are my motivation to prove them wrong.
KS: What is your pre-game rituals?
DG: My pre-game ritual is usually a nap followed by good healthy meal, put the iPod in and slap some Lil Wayne, NHT Boyz, Jay-Z, and Meek Millz. Right before tip off I look at my mom and sister, point at my dad, kiss my shoes with my grandfather's name on them and point up at him in the heavens.
KS: Last question, will Sac win state?
DG: Our plan is to win state, nothing more, nothing less.

4 comments:

  1. great choice of questions i found the answers quite interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darius Graham is a great player i would like to watch him in college.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work on how you presented the essay. very creative on the way you separated the question from the answer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy reading this article because i can kind of relate to it... good job kellen.

    ReplyDelete